Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Today I’m sharing the tutorial on how to make these darling DIY Carrot Treat Bags. These little treat bags are easy to make and just perfect to fill with your favorite Easter goodies and candy!
My daughter’s turn to bring the snack to her Girl Scout meeting is coming up. In addition to the actual snack, she wanted to include a little take home treat for each of the girls. Since the weather is finally acting like spring and with Easter being just around the corner, we wanted to make a special spring/Easter themed treat. (Thanks to the The Hershey Company for partnering with me on this post!)
These little bags are just darling and would make a perfect craft for a group. (Plus how cute would these be as an addition to your little ones Easter Baskets?)
Candy is by far one of the most popular selling items during the Easter season. From candy filled Easter eggs and baskets to delicious holiday treats, There’s candy everywhere! I’m partial to the Cadbury Creme Eggs, while my Hubby is totally a Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg kind of guy. (Especially the white ones!) What is your favorite Easter Candy?
Are you ready to make these carrots??
Gather your supplies:
- Carrot template (print it here.)
- 8.5 by 11 felt sheets in green and orange (As many as you need. Each orange sheet makes 2 carrots and each green sheet makes 5 carrot tops.)
- Glue (whatever works best for you. We used hot glue since it dries immediately and we were in a hurry.)
- Velcro (I used a Velcro with a sticky back.)
1. Place the template over the orange felt and cut out the carrot shape. (If you’re making a large amount of carrots, a rotary cutter makes the cutting process fly.)
2. The green carrot toppers are 2 inches tall by 4.5 inches wide Cut out as many as you need.
3. Use your scissors to add a fringe to the top of the green felt.
4. Add a line of glue to the top of the carrot and apply the green top. Repeat for the other side of the carrot.
5. Flip carrot over and add a piece of Velcro.
7. Place the second carrot piece on the glue. Add the opposite piece of Velcro. (I put the two Velcro pieces together and then removed the sticky back so they would line up perfectly.
Add a line of glue to the second side of the carrot and press together.
That’s it! Now fill the carrot with your favorite Hershey’s Easter Candy!
Like this Craft? Don’t Forget to Pin it!
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: